Jump to content


Stretched tires tend to tip the car over

stretched tires

15 replies to this topic

#1 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:20 PM

I was driving my RX7 and I noticed that the car would tip up on two wheels while doing transitions or pulling the ebrake. Sometimes it would even flip the car over. I just installed some of the new stretched tires/ wheels. I thought that it could just be a bug for that specific car. After trying stretched tires on my other cars, it happened on all of them. The car will tip up on two wheels or hop into the air when transitioning with the new wheel models :mellow: Really unfortunate because these wheels look awesome! Hope it's an easy fix devs

#2 ElHolandes

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:45 AM

I have stretched tires on my ford mustang 15' and the 4s coupe, doesnt happen to me.
Though i have to be honest, I've only used them in the USA and Europe maps.

#3 Szubi

    Advanced Member

  • Moderators
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

View Postskeem, on 12 October 2016 - 11:20 PM, said:

I was driving my RX7 and I noticed that the car would tip up on two wheels while doing transitions or pulling the ebrake. Sometimes it would even flip the car over. I just installed some of the new stretched tires/ wheels. I thought that it could just be a bug for that specific car. After trying stretched tires on my other cars, it happened on all of them. The car will tip up on two wheels or hop into the air when transitioning with the new wheel models :mellow: Really unfortunate because these wheels look awesome! Hope it's an easy fix devs

I think you should upgrade your suspension. My AE86 was jumping everywhere like bunny before I tuned it properly

#4 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

Suspension is fully upgraded. It's tuned properly. I have extensive sim racing experience. It's the tires 100%

#5 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:40 PM

Even if the car has stock suspension, it should not be hopping around unless you hit a bump or something... I'm saying it's hopping on a completely flat ground transition

#6 Szubi

    Advanced Member

  • Moderators
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

View Postskeem, on 13 October 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

Even if the car has stock suspension, it should not be hopping around unless you hit a bump or something... I'm saying it's hopping on a completely flat ground transition

Could you show us some images or videos of this phenomenon?

#7 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

Yes. Editing a video now

#8 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

The video is rendering and I will upload later today. I'd like to reiterate that I've been sim racing for years, modding for years, and have years of real world drifting experience. I'm not coming in as a noob with a stupid tune saying that the car doesn't work. My controller setup is not a factor either, it is much less violent and more natural on the front wheel action than using the keyboard. You'll see it in the video. This is not an unfounded claim. I know you guys deal with a ton of pointless posts though so that's why I'm reiterating. Thanks!

#9 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Here is the video in action, trying to drift normally



#10 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Here is a better example video where I intentionally try to exploit the bug. Something is wrong with the new physics update. This video is using regular wheels (not stretched or ultra regular) and still the car tips to the point of flipping over...



#11 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

Every car I have with a wheelbase under 100 inches tips... The AE86 and FC RX7 tip but my GT86 and Mustang don't... Doesn't matter what tires. They'll tip no matter what. Something with the physics or car models is wrong.

#12 Vanillas

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Haven't driven any of my AE-86's lately, so I can't relate because I'm currently upgrading my STRONGER '69, but what I do know is that the issue isn't going to disappear any time soon. The updates are pretty far apart from each other, but since the dev team is as small as it is - it's understandable. I guess we'll have to stick with monstrous wheelbases for a while :D
Access to the game granted by the courtesy of -> FailZombie <- :)

#13 skeem

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:16 PM

View PostVanillas, on 22 October 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Haven't driven any of my AE-86's lately, so I can't relate because I'm currently upgrading my STRONGER '69, but what I do know is that the issue isn't going to disappear any time soon. The updates are pretty far apart from each other, but since the dev team is as small as it is - it's understandable. I guess we'll have to stick with monstrous wheelbases for a while :D

Oh yeah I'm definitely not tripping too hard about it. I understand they have a small team. Just making the little bugs known so they can be worked on in the future. All in all I love this game and want to see it grow

#14 Vanillas

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

I can see the change of physics now that I've played with a shorter wheelbase car. I've unlocked all the best upgrades for my STRONGER '69 so I decided to use my ELITE 2013 AE-86 to earn the cash quicker, since it's fully upgraded and I can get better scores because of more speed, angle, you know the drill. And I've got to say, after the update it's a completely different car. The tune's the same (stock with soft tires) and it's acting weird, can't keep a proper drift line. I used to get 80k+ on my favourite map (airport 2), now I get around 50-60k and it's pretty frustrating to get such a downgrade, being the fact that I'm currently in D class and 50k simply isn't enough to compete and thus I'm losing my rank.
Access to the game granted by the courtesy of -> FailZombie <- :)

#15 American

    Administration

  • Moderators
  • 159 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

LOL, I haven't had that happen so now I gotta try it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Posted Image

Please keep graphics in signature limited to 128 pixels in height.


#16 Shadlor

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

having the same issue with my FC and the rx8 is fine. though my issues with the rx-8 are different , it handles more like a muscle car then a nimble rotary





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users