Steam client issues

2 replies to this topic

#1 KOLLER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Alright, so here's the deal:
When I attempt to launch the game from steam, the first issue is that my resolution becomes too small for my screen. I could easily fix this by going into the game settings, but then comes the second issue: the game won't even launch. The moment I click play, the resolution turns square and I get a momentary black screen. The screen then turns white when I click and I get a dialogue box that says "Peak Angle has stopped responding" and gives me the usual options to either close the program or wait for it to respond. I have no choice but to take the first option because no matter how long I sit there and wait, it would continue to not respond until eventually it just gives up and closes itself.

I have a feeling that the screen resolution problem is what's causing the launch problem, which makes it really difficult to solve, like a Rubix cube or the mind of a Nickelback fan.

If anybody has a suggestion on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. I've been trying to play since this morning and I even tried to open the older pre-steam client but that was an older version of the game and I couldn't even log in.

/ONE MUST IMAGINE SISYPHUS HAPPY/

#2 SilverSpurs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostKOLLER, on 29 January 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Alright, so here's the deal:
When I attempt to launch the game from steam, the first issue is that my resolution becomes too small for my screen. I could easily fix this by going into the game settings, but then comes the second issue: the game won't even launch. The moment I click play, the resolution turns square and I get a momentary black screen. The screen then turns white when I click and I get a dialogue box that says "Peak Angle has stopped responding" and gives me the usual options to either close the program or wait for it to respond. I have no choice but to take the first option because no matter how long I sit there and wait, it would continue to not respond until eventually it just gives up and closes itself.

I have a feeling that the screen resolution problem is what's causing the launch problem, which makes it really difficult to solve, like a Rubix cube or the mind of a Nickelback fan.

If anybody has a suggestion on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. I've been trying to play since this morning and I even tried to open the older pre-steam client but that was an older version of the game and I couldn't even log in.

Tbh I don't really know about this one. Have you tried launching the game from steam and click "Play Peak Angle: Drift Online with default settings"? If I'm not mistaken, the game's resolution setting adjusts with your monitor automatically (at least it did for me, I think, since I don't remember changing the resolution).
'Cause I drift with the wind; no one cares where I go.

#3 Vanillas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

First of all you should check if your DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ are up to date, then you can try to run the game in window mode to choose the desire resolution. You'll have to figure this one out by yourself, as I've tried all the common launch options that usually work with source based games, like "-w", "-sw", "-windowed" etc. but it seems that the developers either do not have a command to force the game into window mode, or it's different to the typical ones. If all fails, try to completely reinstall the game.
Access to the game granted by the courtesy of -> FailZombie <- :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users